Wednesday, August 17, 2011

HDH

As I was doing a bit of spring cleaning (more like Ramadan cleaning) last week, I came across something that I wrote a while back, and I thought I had lost the paper it was written on. I guess it sort of (very briefly) covers the phases you go through in a relationship from the very beginning up until the point where you are HDH'ed: heartbroken, devasted and helpless.

I don't usually share things like this, but knowing me I'll probably lose the paper again. So... for the sake of saving it somewhere, here goes:


Guide me with your smile
As I fall victim to your grace
Stop, give me a while
To comprehend the beauty of your face

Bury my heart into yours
I want a reason to breath
Explore my deepest cores
And erode all my sorrows and fears

I stand before you
A broken image of my past
Help me, I implore you
Help me find out who I am at last

Draw my curtains and reveal the truth
Smile at me with your deadly eyes
Explain to me why I'm so in love with you
And reveal what I fail to realise

Tell me how I've fallen so deep
Tell me how you got the best of me
Tell me why I keep losing sleep
Tell me how to cure this love entropy

Was I nothing but a story?
Was I little more than a fond memory?
Am I the only one feeling all this loss?
Was I nothing more than a bridge you crossed?

No comments:

Post a Comment